Blogg

Blogg

söndag 26 juni 2022

”60”

Hello and welcome, 

Have you seen the inspirational live or replay by Tim Holtz when he released new stamps and stencils with Stampers anonymous a couple of weeks ago? If not, you are in for a real treat. Here is the link for the release blogpost over on Tim’s site. I was so inspired by Igirlzoe’s make Eccentric and Emma Williams “91” card and I love numbers so I decided to make a card for a collegue who will turn 60 in July. 

I cut 2 tags from White heavystock with 657859 Tag & tie die. (These tags are available to by precut from Ranger now.) I inked Frayed burlap Distress ink on my craft mat and spritzed some water, then dipped the tag and heat dried with my heat tool. Repeat until happy with the result. Then I used the new Freight stencils and Micro glaze applied with my ink blending tool through the stencils. Then I inked my craft mat with Distress ink in Ground espresso and Rusty hinge, dipped the tag, spritzed some water on the tag and then sprayed some Distress Oxide spray in Walnut stain. Heat dry. Then I sprayed a some more water on the tags. 



I used my splatter brush and some Distress paint in Salved patina over the tags as well. Inked the edges with Distress ink Ground espresso, and stamped some images from CMS448 Eccentric with Black soot Archival ink. Then I used my sewing machine and stitched around the edges. 

For the background of the card I cut a piece of White heavystock and inked my craft mat with Frayed burlap Distress ink and sprayed some water. Then I dipped my card in the ink and heat dried. Repeated until happy with the result. Then I used the new CMS449 Bubbles and Frayed Burlap Distress ink and stamped on the background. This is such a cool stamp, useful in so many ways. 

I stamped the “For skill…..” stamp from CMS448 Eccentric with Barn door Distress oxide and then with Archival ink in Black soot (a technique Emma W used on an earlier project), using my stamp platform. The bullseye is stamped from CMS432 Inquisitive with the same technique. 

The “Guaranteed to be …” stamp is stamped with Archival ink Black soot and colored with Distress ink in Candied apple and Frayed burlap. As you can see I used my sewing machine and stitched around the edges. I made some splatters on the background with Rusty hinge Spray stains.

The pointy finger is stamped on water color paper and then colored with Distress reinker and Distress inks. Inked edges with Ground espresso DI, and fuzzy cut. Adhered with a Hex fastener and 3D foam. 

The tags are stitched to the background with red thread with my sewing machine. I “linked them together” with a Ideaology Swivel clasp, Loop pin and a Jump ring. I sanded the edges on a small talk sticker and mounted it to the tag with 3D foam. 

I fastened a Mini marquee letter “H” (my colleague’s name starts with an H), with my Tiny attacher. 

Up in the right corner I glued an Adornment star which I have painted with red acrylic paint, sanded and then put on some Alcohol ink in Mushroom for that aged effect. 

I mounted the card with 3D foam on a piece of sanded Kraftstock and then on an inked cardboard piece, finally to a black card blank. 

I will try this card in a challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Something beginning with ‘S’. For this card the S are, Stamps, Stencils and a Star. 

Thank you very much for visiting today, take care,

/ Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar