Today I will show a card I have made for my lovely husband. His birthday is 12:th of June but the card wasn´t finished in time. But now it´s finished and given to him.
The products I have used are from TimHoltz.
I started to use some remnant rubs - Numbers, on random places, on Distress mixed media heavystock, to get a resist effect. Like it very much! Number 12 is also a Remnant rub.
Then I stamped the cogstamp from Inventor 7, CMS 374, with white acrylic paint, also as a resist. Unfortunately it is very hard to see it. I then stamped the same stamp with Jet black Archival ink, (second generation, cause I didn´t want it to be to black). I stitched around the edges with green thread with my sewing machine.
Then I inked my craftsheet with Distress Oxide in Vintage photo and spritzed it with water then dipped the background in the ink. Then I did the same with Distress ink in Forest moss. Like the look of the mix from Oxide and ink. I used Distress crayon in Forest moss around the edges.
Then I stamped the Proffessor from CMS373, with Jet black Archival ink, and colored him with Distress inks. I also stamped the "circle" from the same set with Plum Archival ink. The "numbers" in the circle is also from the same set, stamped with Jet black. I used my sewing machine to stitch the circle to the card.
The frame around the Professor is made from cardboard and colored with Peeled paint Distress Oxide.
The heart is made from the Fauceted heart die, colored with Aged mahogany and Fired Brick Distress oxides. Then Grit paste on the edges, and finally Aged mahogany Distress crayon on the Grit paste.
The cog under the Ideaology numeric "66" is made from chipboard with the 661817 Industrial
Bigz die. "66" is by the way the year my husband is born. I used Grit paste on the cog, then Vintage photo Distress Oxide spray and then Distress crayon in Forest moss.
I used "66" from Ideaology Numeric and panited them with green acrylic paint, then sanded the "front".
"JUNE" is cut out from Kraft Cardstock, which I sanded. Then I cut it out again in off white cardstock, for the offset shadow. I used the Alphanumeric 3/4", 660056. I mounted the letters on the card with 3D adhesive to get some dimension.
The star is painted with green acrylic paint. The bolt is from another project I made, diecut from chipboard, then metallic cardstock, sanded and inked with Walnut stain ink.
Here you can see the resist the Remnant rub gives. Like it!
I mounted the background on dark red and green sanded Kraft cardstock with 3D adhesive between the layers. Then mounted on black card.
I will try this card in a challenge over at Simon says stamp blog Monday challenge, Make your own background.
Thank you very much for visiting,