Today I will show an Etcetera tag size small. When I started with this "project" my intention was to make a card, I wanted to use Tim Hotz new die, Steampunk parts. But after a while I changed my mind and thought I would try to make an Etcetera tag instead. And off I went.
I have used Tim Holtz products for the tag and I started with the "card background". A piece of Distress mixed media heavystock, and some Distress Oxide in Ground Espresso, then I lightly sprayed the background with Distress Oxide spray in Cracked Pistachio. Then I stamped it with the Proffessor stamp (CMS373) with water , to get a "ghost-effect", but it is almost not visible. Then I used one of Tim´s older embossingfolders to get the "lined" effect. I used my sewing machine around the edges. I cut all the Steampunk pieces from chipboard and one from red Kraftstock and stamped the "round" stamp with black Archival ink. The middle "ring" is cut from bluegreen Kraft
I diecut the"invention" text from the same cardstock with the Tim Holtz, Sizzix die Alphanumeric 664177. Mounted the text on black sanded Kraftstock and again on a sanded gold metallic Kraft stock.
The Etcetera tag is covered with some Tim Holtz Dapper design paper, which I glued to the tag with Distress collage medium. I also put Collage medium above the designpaper to get a nice surface for the Distress crayon (in Gathered twigs,) I used to "grunge" the background with. On the edges I used some crackle paste, and Distress crayon above. I flicked some brown acrylic paint on the finished background with the splat brush.
The "Award" word is die cut with Tim Holtz Deco die, 661815, cut both from chipboard and then red Kraft cardstock and layered. I sanded the surface and distressed the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink.
The hole reinforcer is first covered with Metallic Kraftstock which also is sanded and distressed with Walnut stain Distress ink, then above that I used one of the new Ideaology, Date dials.
To the right of the reinforcer I used a Ideaology Story stick, which is tinted with Mushroom Alcolholink and the Festive berries Distress crayon. I fastened it with an Ideaology Hardware nail.
I used a piece of hampstring in the reinforcer.
I decorated the tag with Ideaology Adornment stars which I painted first with red acrylic paint then with brown paint.
"1836" is also cut both from chipboard and Metallic Kraftstock. With the same treatment as all other Metallic Kraftstock pieces.
The decoration at the bottom of the tag is "Mummy cloth" that are colored with Distress ink in Gathered twigs and Ground Espresso. Above that a piece of Dapper designpaper, I wanted the signature, as if someone have signed the Award. Above that I used a Ideology wordband, colored with Alcohol ink in Mushroom and then Distress crayon in Festive berries. The wordband is fastened with two pieces of hempstring.
Finally for the right side of the "card" I used a stamp from CMS225 Correspondence, stamped with Archival ink in Cobalt, Walnut stain Distress ink round the edges. The number is stamped with Distress ink in Fired brick.
Oh what a long post, and if you have followed me so far, thank you.
I will try this tag in the following challenge:
Simonsaysstampblog Mondaychallenge, Add something Metallic
Thank you very much for visiting.