fredag 31 januari 2020

”Photo” Birthday card for a friend

Hello and welcome, 

I’m happy You are here and visit my blog🙂.

Today I will show a birthday card I have made for a friend who we met when visiting Africa a couple of years ago. She is interested in photography and are a talented photographer. So I went for a “photo” theme on this card. 
I have used Tim Holtz products on this card.

Started off with the background which I cut from watercolor paper, and sprayed with Frayed burlap Distress Oxide spray. Then spritzed with water and magic happens! Dried with heat tool. 
I used Walnut stain Distress ink on all the edges on this project.

Then I used Crackle paste through THMS 040 stencil. Let air dry. 
I used Distress crayons in Walnut stain and Vintage photo on the crackles, so they will be more visible.

For the smaller background I also used watercolor paper and Frayed burlap Distress Oxide spray, then spritzed with water. Heat dried. 
Then I took Distress Oxide ink in Broken China on stencil THS020 Numbered, spritzed with water then “printed” with the stencil on to the background. I also stamped on that panel with the very suitable camera stamp from CMS 375, Inventor 8, with Archival ink in Jet black. Then I stamped in the upper right corner with a wood mounted stamp K5-1486. 
Behind that background I glued a die cut piece on the right. For that die cut I used the Sizzlitz decorative strip, 658551. I only used the edge from the filmstrip die.
I used my sewing machine around both of the background panels. I also sew the Stencil chip to the background. (My friends name starts with an A) 

For the frame behind the paper doll I used the Trinket frame die, 664186. Sprayed it with Frayed burlap Distress oxide spray, then with water and heat dried. After that I used some crackle paste random on the frame, let air dry and then some Frayed burlap Distress oxide and Distress crayon in Walnut stain in the cracks. I hand stitched the frame to the background with some red silk tread, which I buy the way have inherited from my Grandmother. 😍.  I colored the Paper doll with various Distress crayon colors and a watercolor brush. Then I glued a pair of Transparent wings behind her. Mounted a filmstrip behind a mini plaquette, fastened with mini fasteners. 

The paper doll is holding a Philosophy tag in her hand. 

I stamped the “ Original” stamp from CMS339 on a piece of watercolor card, treated the same way as my backgrounds. Then used some crackle paste randomly, and air dried. Then again some Walnut stain Distress crayon on to the crackle. Then I glued a Small talk sticker on to the panel, raised on some 3D adhesive.

I diecut another filmstrip from the Sizzlits decorative strip, from black Kraft Cardstock, and sanded for an aged look. Then I used one of my favourite alphabet dies, Deco, 661815, cut both from chip board and Ideaology metallic gold paper. I sanded the gold paper as well and glued to the chipboard. The edges on the letters are inked with Walnut stain Distress ink. The index clip is colored with Mushroom Alcohol ink. Inside the clip I have used a remnant rub from “ Special delivery”. 

I have mounted my panels on a “blue” Kraft Cardstock (sanded), then a metallic gold (sanded) and finally on a corrugated cardboard with Walnut stain inked edges. 

I will try this card in the following challenges:
Vintage journey Were-all-getting-older-january-challenge
Sandee-and-amelie january-challenge - Anything goes

Thank you for visiting,

/ Susanne.  

torsdag 23 januari 2020


Hello and welcome,

There was a while since I updated my blog, but today it is time to show Theodore!
I have made a 3D portrait with Tim Holtz products.
I wanted to make like a 3D portrait of Theodore, because I also wanted to use my new Curio box die, 664419. 
Theodore´s head is cut from a thinlits die, 664410, from Kraft cardstock that I have sanded. The edges are inked with Walnut stain Distress ink.

I cut the box background from chip board, with a piece of French Industrial designpaper attached to it .The front of the box are cut from watercolor paper and then embossed in the 3D Lumber folder. I used Jet black Archival ink in the folder then ran it through my Big shot. Then I used Walnut stain, Vintage photo, Gathered twigs and Weathered wood Distress Oxide inks to color it. Then I inked all edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. I made a "wood" background for the outside back of the box as well.

For the background inside the box I diecut the Tangled twigs 663086, from watercolor paper and then sprayed the twigs with Walnut stain and Vintage photo Distress Oxide sprays. Glued into place with Distress collage medium.

I used a bee from Entomology stamp set CMS328, colored it with Distress inks and diecut it with 663068. I cut the wings from wellum as well and attached them above the other wings to get some dimension.

 "Theodore" is cut from Kraft cardstock which I sanded with Alphanumeric label die, 664177, the same die for "2020". The pediment is cut from the die 658557.

The honeycomb is cut from watercolor paper with 660220, Mixed media die, and colored with Wild honey DOX and Walnut stain Distress ink.

The banner is cut from watercolor paper and colored with Old paper and Wild honey DOX. Inked with Walnut stain on the edges. I used some Alcohol ink in Mushroom on the Hardware heads on the banner.

I haven´t been able to get any Tiny lights yet, but as soon as I am I will mount some inside the box to lit up behind Theodore. Theodore is mounted on a piece of wood that my husband made for me, to get the 3D effect.

I will try this little piece in Simonsaysstamp blog Mondaychallenge, with the theme Home decor.

Thanks so much for visiting!