Blogg

Blogg

måndag 4 juli 2022

The Notebook

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will show a tag that I have made for a challenge over at Simon Says stamp blog, Monday challenge. The theme this week is ”Inspired by a movie”. I love movies and one of my absolute favorite romantic movies is “The Notebook” with Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling in the leading roles, so that was my inspiration. That movie is about true love.  ❤️ 

I have used Tim Holtz products for this project. 

I started with an Etcetera tag, gessoed the whole tag, and added a piece of Worn wallpaper with Distress collage medium. Then I sanded and inked the edges. I also torned some pieces off from the wallpaper for a more distressed look. I also used some Distress crayon in Gathered twigs on the edges. 


I inked my craft mat with Frayed burlap Distress ink, spritzed with some water and dipped the tag into the ink. Heated between layers and continued until I was happy. The I used Crackle paste and the heart stencil THS017. Waited until completely dried, then I used Gathered twigs crayon over the hearts, smeared and brushed it out, to get the crackles more visible. The small red hearts that I have used are diecut with 660226 Shape strips from sanded Kraftstock.


I stamped some stamps from CMS225 Correspondence on the background with Archival ink in Plum. The bow is Crinkle ribbon that I have colored with Distress ink’s (Barn door, Aged mahogany and Rusty hinge), Distress Oxide (Aged mahogany, Fired brick and Rusty hinge). I fastened a thought token with a loop pin. All metallic ideaology pieces are colored with Alcohol ink -Mushroom. I also sanded the edges on a Metallic sticker - Quatations, inked with Ground coffee Distress ink and fastened with 3D foam. 


The photo of the couple is a ideaology Snap shot which I have stitched around and the inked with Frayed burlap DI. I used two mini fasteners in the upper corners on the photo, a mini paper clip to hold a small heart on the left side of the photo and finally a Tiny clip in the lower right corner. I stamped the “countdown” stamp from CMS081 At the Movies, with black Archival ink, inked the edges, then glued a piece of ideaology Film strip ribbon over the whole stamped image and then put a mini fastener at the top. Glued it to the tag with Collage medium. 


I made the book from an old book. I cut it to size approx 4x5 cm. I used 4 signatures from the book so it is about 0,8 cm thick. I glued the signatures to a piece of paper as a spine, then I made the front and back cover. Glued them to the book and then I finished it of with a piece of fabric tape on the spine. Inked the edges and cut the red corners from sanded Kraftstock. I took a piece of hemp string around the book, so it will not open, and put a ideaology heart charm. I also glued a Kraftstock heart to the book. I used a thin pencil and wrote the title. 


The bookshelf is made from Etcetera pinked trims and Woodgrain cardstock. I cut pieces of cardstock, colored them with Weathered wood, Pumice stone and Walnut stain DI. I don’t have the matching dies for these trims, unfortunately, so I had to cut all the pinked edges. Lol. The story in the movie is based in Seabrook, so I wanted that on my tag to. I diecut from an old Sizzlits Decorative strip - Typeset, and Kraftstock. Glued the letters to the shelf with Collage medium. I used two nail’s from Ideaology Vignette hardware on each end of the ledger. 


I used CMS394 Tiny text, for the stamp “love with all your heart”, beside the Snap shot. Here you can see the Tiny clip as well. 


I will as mentioned above try this tag over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Inspired by a movie. 

I hope you enjoy this tag. I have really enjoyed making it. And if you haven’t seen the movie “ The notebook” you are in for a real treat. Don’t forget to take some paper tissues with you. Because it is a bit sad in all it’s beauty.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and take care.

/ Susanne







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar