Blogg

Blogg

lördag 25 juni 2022

Uncharted Mariner

Hello and welcome, 

I really hope you have seen the new Beautiful Distress color, Uncharted Mariner. A fabulous blue with so many hues in it. 

My first project with this blue color is this tag, made with Tim Holtz products, (accept from the Crackle glaze, which is from Deco art.)


I started to cut the tag from Distress white heavystock stock with my tag die. I put some Frayed burlap Distress ink on my craft mat and spritzed some water. Dipped the tag a couple of times in the ink, dried between layers until happy. Then I inked up the new Tim Holtz CMS449 Bubbles stamp. I lightly sprayed some water on the stamp and then stamped it over the entire tag. Heat with heat tool. 
Inked the edges with Ground espresso Distress ink and put a quite thick layer of Deco art Crackle glaze over the whole tag. Let it air dry. Then I used Distress crayon over most of the tag and “smeared” it with my fingers so it went down in the crackles. (Ranger/Tim. Holtz have also Crackle glaze in their assortment now, but I want to use up what I already have before buying a new jar). 

For the window and propeller I die cut chip board and Platinum Metallic Kraftstock with 664185 Steampunk parts die from Sizzix. Then I glued the metallic pieces to the chip bord pieces.  Then I sanded all the edges and inked all them with Ground espresso Distress ink.
I added Translucent grit paste on random places and let dry. Then I put Distress crayon in Walnut Stain over the dried paste and used y Water brush to even out the crayon. Then I did the same with some Distress crayon in Rusty hinge (a little less of that color). I love this look of the Metallic parts, it looks so old and worn.
Now it is time to mount all the metallic pieces together. I cut a circle shaped piece from Mica tiles as the window, and glued it between the thin circle and the wider circle piece. Very cool look with the Mica! I have used Distress Collage medium for all the glueing on this tag. 


I stamped the text “Go see explore” with CMS394 Tiny text and Archival ink Ground espresso on some White heavystock which I have inked the same way as I started the tag. Inked the edges with Distress ink Ground espresso and next put a layer of Crackle glaze. Let air dry and crackle. Then I smeared some Distress Crayon in Walnut Stain over the crackle. I fastened the “label” to the tag with Mini fasteners. In the window I placed a photo from Photo booth, I think this young man looks like a real sailor or marine. I also glued two “washers” at the top of the tag. I colored some Mummy cloth with Distress ink Uncharted Mariner and some Frayed Burlap, and tied it through the hole on the tag. 


Behind the window I placed some Frayed Burlap inked Cheese cloth. 


In the down left corner I placed a Ephemera Number strip, which I inked the edges with Distress ink in Ground espresso and put some Crackle glaze on. Then I smeared some Distress crayon in Walnut Stain over the yummy crackles. 


On the right side of the propeller I glued two real seashells which I have inked a little with Distress ink Ground espresso. 


I will try this tag over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Something beginning with ‘S’, where I have used the Sailor, Sea shells and the Stamped background. 

I hope you will try this new Distress color! 

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, 

/ Susanne 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar