Blogg

Blogg

söndag 21 februari 2021

Card for my lovely husband

Hello and welcome, 

This card is made for my lovely husband. 

All made with Tim Holtz products. I started with a panel cut from Metallic Kraft stock in gold. Then I wanted to try a technique showed by Stacy Hutchinson (Stacy’s blog) and Tim. I used Glitch 1 and 2 stampset CMS403 and 404, embossing ink and Platinum embossing powder. After heated, Distress crayon in Walnut Stain above and then smudge the crayon out. It gives a very cool effect and texture. 

Then I used the Digits stencil THS145, Crackle paste and Speckled egg embossing glaze. Let dry, then heat set with my Ranger heat tool. I also stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. 

“The world....” stamp is from CMS394 Tiny text, stamped on a piece of Speckled egg inked paper with embossing ink and the Platinum embossing powder. Then I mounted it with 3D foam on a piece of sanded Kraft cardstock. 
I diecut the Globe 660214 from sanded Kraft cardstock. Then I cut a piece of steel wire and threaded it through some of the holes in the Globe for texture. I used embossing pen and Speckled egg embossing glaze on the Paperdolls jacket, and colored the rest of him with Distress crayons and a waterbrush. 
I cut a piece of Mixed media heavystock and took the same stencil as above, used the  Microglaze technique and Distress Oxides, that became the background for the “cross” stamp from the Glitch set. I then cut it out. Placed the Paperdoll on it. Took a Ruler piece from Idea-ology and treated it with Embossing glaze and Distress crayon. On the ruler piece I glued a Adornment star that I have painted with red acrylic paint and a wash of brown acrylic paint. 
I cut a Star trim with the 3D embossing folder from Metallic Kraft stock, used Distress crayon in Walnut Stain on it. I sanded a Milk cap, inked the edges and then I took a very thin layer of Weathered wood Distress paint on my craft mat, then “dipped” the Number block (1) in the paint, then I used a stamp from CMS337 Ticket booth with Jet black Archival ink. This technique is one I have learnt from a class by Tim. Love the look. 
The Thought token is embossed with embossing glaze in Speckled egg, then I used Distress crayon in Antique linen. It is fastened on the Number block with a hardware piece. 
In the top left corner I put some Type chips, spelling my husband’s name. I attached them with mini fasteners and a Tiny clip, treated the same way as the Adornment star. 
I then layered the card on a sanded Kraft cardstock panel, a inked cardboard and then on a black card blank, all with 3D foam between for dimension. 

I will try this card in the “Add som texture” challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday Challenge blog.

Thank you so much for visiting me, take care! 

/Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar