Blogg

Blogg

lördag 13 februari 2021

Card for a friend

Hello and welcome, 

It’s been a while since I put up something on my blog, so now it’s time to show a card I made for a friend who we met on one of our travels. 

I started with the background and cut a piece from Tim Holtz “new” Kraft heavystock. I used Distress Oxides in Speckled egg, Evergreen bough and Broken China, smooshed the ink on my mixed media mat and then dip and dried til I was happy. I then stamped the background with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide with CMS394 Tiny text. Then I stamped the rose from CMS413 Dearly departed. 

Then I colored the rose with Distress Oxides. I love that matte look. I also used my sewing machine around the edges of the card.

I randomly put some Crackle paste on the edges as well and when dry I used Distress crayon in Walnut stain over the paste. I also inked the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink, then splatted some acrylic paint in brown on the background with my Splat brush. 

I chooses a Photobooth photo and sanded it lightly, then inked the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. I used my sewing machine again around the edges of the photo. Then I cut a piece of metallic Kraft stock and the 3D embossing folder Star trim. After cut and embossed I used Distress crayon in Walnut Stain. I. Add a ticket from CMS337 Ticket booth stamps and die cut it with the coordinating dies, 662698. Used Old paper Distress Oxide for the ticket background and stamped with Walnut stain Oxide. I also used two pieces from Idea-ology Layers-Urban. I fastened the photo with a Tiny clip.
The “No 5” stamp in the corner and the circular “Received” stamps are stamped with Jet black Archival ink and are from set CMS225 Correspondence. 

I fastened a Idea-ology Thought token on the photo with a long fastener. To get the text more visible I used a Distress crayon in Antique linen. I used some Glossy accent in the middle of the flower as a little accent.
I stamped “Collect beautiful moments” from CMS394 Tiny text with embossing ink, then used Black embossing powder and heated on a piece of Kraft cardstock. Inked the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. Fastened tot with Mini fasteners. 
I layered the card on some pink and green cardstock, and a piece of cardboard. All edges inked with Walnut stain Distress ink. 3D adhesive between the layers for some depth.

Thank you very much for visiting today, 

/Susanne 



1 kommentar:

  1. What a beautiful and elegant card, that background is awesome and I love all the layers you've created. Hugs, María

    SvaraRadera