Blogg

Blogg

torsdag 27 april 2023

Make a wish

Hello and welcome, 

Today I have had a day off from work so I took some time to finish this card. I’m not a ”flower girl”, but I have to say that the new flower stamps (CMS462 Bold botanicals) from Tim Holtz are absolutely fabulous. 

I started to stamp one of the flowers with Archival ink Black soot on Watercolor paper and colored it with Distress inks. (I used my stamp platform ) Inked the edges with Ground espresso DI. Then I cut a piece of yellow Ideaology paper, sanded the edges and then inked the edges. I mounted the image on the Kraftstock with 3D foam. 


Then I cut a piece of Watercolor paper for the background. I inked the new Brush hex stencil with Distress ink Mustard seed, spritzed it with water and “mono printed”. Then I dried it with my heat tool. 


Then I inked up one of the CMS460 Tiny prints stamps with Black soot Archival ink and placed the stencil over the background, then stamped in the white areas. A cool technique that I have seen Tim have used long ago. 


I used a Black Posca pen and made some faux stitches around the edges, and also inked the edges with Distress ink Ground espresso. I also used a very thin Uni pen and “doodled” inside three of the hexagons. 


For the “make a wish” circle I used CMS463 Note quotes, a very versatile stamp set. I colored the circle with Distress inks, and then stamped the text with embossing ink. Then I used black embossing powder. I used a Ideaology Long fastener to adhere the circle. 


I cut a yellow piece of Ideaology Kraftstock to fit behind the background. I sanded the edges and inked them. Then I used a piece of black Ideaology paper, sanded, and used as a card blank. Mounted them all together with 3D foam. 

I will try this card over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Make your mark.

Thank you very much for your visit.

/Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar