Blogg

Blogg

fredag 20 maj 2022

Choose to shine

Hello and welcome, 

Orange is one of my favorite colors, I think it is a ”Happy color”. So I decided to make a tag with Tim’s bold text #2 dies. (The other products used are also Tim’s). 

I started to cut a tag from Distress white heavystock using my Tim Holtz tag Bigz die. 
Then I inked my craft mat with Distress inks and some Distress Oxide Saltwater taffy. Then I added some water and dipped the tag in the ink. Dried between layers until happy. Then I stamped the “bullseye” stamp from CMS432 Inquisitive, with Crackling campfire DOX. (You can see it behind all the ideaology elements.) I also stamped with an old wood mounted “grid stamp” from Tim Holtz, using Archival ink in Hickory smoke.Then I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. I also inked the edges with Crackling campfire Distress ink. 


For the texture I used the star stencil THS115, some Texture paste crackle and some Wild honey Embossing glaze. Let dry, then heat emboss. 


I then inked some Distress White heavystock with mostly Crackling campfire Distress ink and Oxide. I diecut the words from 665925 Bold text #2. I also cut the bird from 665861 Silhouette birds from the same  paper. 


I sanded a photo from ideaology “photo boot” and stitched round the edges with my sewing machine. Then I sprayed a milk cap with water and “ruffed” the edges. I inked the edges on a “flash card” with Distress ink in Crackling campfire. 


I stamped the bird with the text stamp from CMS328 Entomology, with Hickory smoke Archival ink. And adhered a piece from Ephemera pack - Curator with a mini fastener. Then I stitched a “line” for the bird to sit on with my sewing machine. 


Then I painted a adornment star with a wash of Quinacridone gold acrylic paint (from Deco art). 

 

I will try this tag over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Add texture. 

Thank you very much for visiting, 

Take care and “Choose to shine”, 

/ Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar