Blogg

Blogg

tisdag 20 juli 2021

Mother’s Day card for my Dear Mother

Hello and welcome, 

Wow, time flies, July already. There was a while since I published something on my blog and IG. That doesn’t mean I haven’t been crafting 🤗. But I must admit that the European championship in football has taken some time and of course work. 

Anyway, today I will share a card that I gave to my Mother on Mother’s Day back in May. If you have read my blog earlier you know that my Mother love big cities, and therefore I picked  London as a theme for this card. I made this card with Tim Holtz products, Sizzix dies and Stampers anonymous stamps. 

I started with the background, I looked through my Ideaology Urban layers and found this “map” which I thought would be perfect. I sanded the surface carefully and also the edges. Then I inked over it with Walnut Stain Distress ink. 

Then I diecut “London” with the Alphanumeric Bold 665205, in red Tim Holtz Kraft cardstock and sanded it. Then I also cut the same letters from a blue cardstock. Then I glued the letters together a little bit offset for dimension. I also diecut the houses with 661804 Cityscape Metropolis from black and grey Kraftstock, then sanded. I stamped some tickets from Kraft heavystock with CMS337 Ticket booth, die cut them with the coordinating dies 662698. I crinkled the tickets a bit and inked the edges with Distress ink Walnut stain. 
The bus is a diecut using 665220 Wacky transport and red Kraft stock which I also sanded. The “congrats” is a Ideaology Sentiments label sticker. 

The “K” is the first letter in my Mother’s name and for that I used a Ideaology Mini marquee letter and a mini fastener. 

In the top right corner of the card I placed a “No7” stamp from CMS225 Correspondence (difficult to see the stamped image on this photo though), and placed a Index clip over it.
I made a small “collage” down in the left corner, using Ideaology ruler ribbon which I inked with Distress ink Walnut stain, a Ideaology Adornment arrow which I wired a red silk thread around, a Ideaology Ephemera Emporium piece and a stamped ticket mentioned above. I used my Tiny attacher to fasten some of the pieces. 
I made two panels from the same cardstock used above and a piece of cardboard to layer behind the card. I used 3D foam between the layers for dimension. Sanded the edges of the cardstock and inked the cardboard edges. 

I hope you have a nice day, 

Thanks for your visit, much appreciated. 

/ Susanne. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar