Blogg

Blogg

söndag 16 maj 2021

Bee card

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will show a card with Tim Holtz new die, Funky insects and his new collage paper. I made a birthday card. 

Started with Distress White heavystock and inked my Craft mat with Distress Oxide ink in Old paper. I dipped and dried and spritzed water until I was happy with the result. 

Then I used the THS145 stencil, Digits, with Distress crackle paste and Embossing glaze in Rustic Wilderness. Let dry completely. Then using my embossing gun to heat set it. 

Then I used a stencil THMM with honeycomb pattern (I think I bought that stencil on  Michaels some year when we visited USA, Oh I so longing for travel again🙂. ) and then Microglaze (Tim’s technique). Then I used different colors of Distress Spray stain, for more color on the background. 


For the next step I used some torn pieces from Tim’s new Collage paper, Entomology. I used Distress collage medium to glue it to the background. Inked all the edges with Distress ink in Walnut stain, and used a black fine liner pen and lined around the edges. You can see the beautiful bug from the collage paper here. 

Then I colored another White heavystock background with different green Distress inks and made some Rusty hinge splats from Distress spray stain. I then cut out a circle with 662229 Stitched circles die. Inked the edges with Rustic wilderness Distress ink. I also die cut the honeycomb piece with 660220 Mixed media, from Kraft heavystock, which I sanded. 
The “No 1108” is a remnant rub-Specimen. 

The bee itself is from Tim’s new die set 665364 Funky insects. I cut it from White heavystock and colored it the same way as my background with different colors of Distress ink. On the wings I used some Rusty hinge Embossing glaze and when that was heated and cool I used Distress crayon in Walnut stain on the surface, and smudged it out with my lightly damp finger. I also used a white Posca pen to highlight some of the pieces on the bee. 
I stamped “Limited edition” from CMS394 Tiny text, with Distress embosssing in k on a sanded piece of black Kraft heavystock and then used white embossing powder and heated. 
I stamped a text from CMS236 Crazy talk on the “label” on the same background as the circle die cut, and embossed the text with black embossing powder. Used my fine liner pen again and draw around the edges and mounted the label with 3D foam on a sanded piece of black Kraft heavystock. Then I used long fastener in each end and a piece of inked string and fastened it around my background. 
Here you can see the beautiful collage paper in the background again.
I bent the wings on my bee for more dimension. Here you can see the crackle on the digits numbers. I like that look a lot, with the Embossing glaze on top. 
I mounted the background on a piece of cardboard which I have inked the edges on with Distress ink in Rustic wilderness, and than mounted to a black card blank. 

I will try this card in a challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge, Things with wings.

Have a nice day and thank you very much for visiting me today, 

/ Susanne. 





1 kommentar:

  1. fabulous card Suzanne :-) the whole design. of this is fabulous!! :-) Congratulations on being chosen to be in the spotlight on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! :-)
    luv
    Lols xx
    p.s can you please email me at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com

    SvaraRadera