Blogg

Blogg

lördag 8 maj 2021

At the Oscars

Hello and welcome, 

A couple of weeks ago I watched the Oscars award from Los Angeles on tv. And I was inspired to make a tag with that theme. Due to the pandemic it was a very special event, with a limited amount of attendants. I was inspired by the interior where the awards was held, the windows and the pastel colors on the decorative flowers.  I have used Tim Holtz products. 

I started with a Small Etcetera tag and glued a piece of the new Kraft stock to it with Distress collage medium. The tag is higher than the Kraft stock so I cut a piece from a second piece of Kraft stock and joined it together with the first at the bottom of the tag. I then sanded the edges. Then I used Distress texture paste opaque matte and the THS147 Deco arch stencil at the top of the tag. I wanted it to look like the windows.

The text “Oscars” is cut with 661815 Deco alphabet from sanded Metallic Kraft stock and also from the new Kraft stock which I also sanded. I inked the edges on the Metallic letters and glued the Kraft stock letters a little bit offset on the Metallic letters. Then I glued them to the background. All glued with Distress collage medium. 

I cut a piece of sanded Metallic Kraft stock and glued to the reinforcer. Then I inked it with Walnut stain Distress ink, and cut a piece of the new Idea-ology Velvet trims. I used my mini stapler to hold the trim together. I used some Alcohol ink in Mushroom on the staple. The flowers are from Idea-ology Boquet, which I have colored with a waterbrush and Distress inks. The leaves is from an old Sizzlits die, 659573 Spring greenery, cut from the new Kraft stock. Also sanded.

I cut the Piqture wheel with 668558 die, from Distress Kraft heavystock, inked the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. I stamped the “countdown” stamp from CMS081 At the movies, on Distress mixed media heavystock with Alcohol ink in Jet black, inked the strip with the new Salvaged patina and Walnut stain Distress inks. Then I cut the strip in pieces and glued the numbers in the “windows” on the Piqture wheel. I also stamped the wheel with a small stamp from CMS412 Examinations. 
The word “Nominees” are cut from Metallic Kraft stock with another old Sizzlits die, Typeset, 657176. Then I painted the letters with Salvaged patina Distress paint, and then zip inked them with Walnut stain Distress ink. I glued the letters on a piece of sanded Kraft stock piece. I love the surface on the new Kraft stock. 
The ladies who are the “Nominees” for the Oscar for best actress are photos from Idea-ology, Photobooth, I glued them to chip board to get them more sturdy, and for some dimension. 
Here you can see the reinforcer and flowers. 


“Best actress” is done in the exact same way as the “Nominees” letters. The frame around is the leftover from when I cut the star border with the 3D embossing folder which I will describe further down. Here you can see that I used the “countdown” strip again. I stamped it on Mixed media heavystock and the I glued a Idea-ology Film strip over it. I used two hardware heads on each side of the strip. The hardware heads are colored with Alcohol ink in Mushroom. 
The starborder is cut from sanded Metallic Kraft stock with the 3D impresslits embossing folder Star trim  from Sizzix. I used the leftover as a frame, (described above). I used a layer of Salvaged patina Distress paint on the border and then I wiped some of it away. Then I used some Distress crayon in Walnut stain to “age” it a bit. I glued a Idea-ology Quote flair to the border.
“1930” is Idea-ology Numeric, which I painted with Salvaged patina Distress paint and then I used a waterbrush and Distress crayon in Walnut stain and painted over for an “aged” look. I did the same with the stars, but they was painted white and then I mixed Rusty hinge, Crackling campfire and Walnut stain crayons on top. 

I used a stamp from At the movies set for the background on the lover piece of the tag, stamped with Archival ink in Jet black.
It was really fun to make this tag.


I will try this tag over at Simon says stamps Monday challenge -Feminine. 

Take care, and thank you so much for visiting my blog.

/ Susanne 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar