Blogg

Blogg

söndag 18 oktober 2020

The Creepy eye

Hello and welcome, 

Another Halloween make from me. I love to make for Halloween even though we don’t really celebrate Halloween in a bigger manor here in Sweden. 

For this card I have used Tim Holtz products, accept from the black modelling paste which is from Deco Art. 

I started with the background, cut a piece of watercolor cardstock, inked it with Walnut stain Distress ink and spritzed with water. Inked the edges with the same ink. Then I stitched around the edges with my sewing machine, using zig zag and straight seam randomly. After that I used Walnut stain Distress crayon on the edges. Now it’s time for the THS 010 Eyechart stencil and black modelling paste. Let dry. Apply some translucent Grit paste on random places. Let dry completely. Then Walnut stain crayon on top of the Grit paste. I splattered some black acrylic paint with my Splat brush and finally stamped some spiderwebs from CMS346, Tangled web. 

I stamped the “eye” image from CMS413 Dearley departed, colored it with Distress ink’s and reinkers. Fuzzy cut and then inked the edges with Distress ink Walnut stain.

The small label in the upper left corner is a stamp from CMS412 Examination, stamped on Walnut Stain inked watercolor cardstock. The edges is inked with DI in Black soot. Fastened with a Idea-ology Index clip. 

Here you can see the stamped web, Grit paste, the stitching and the splatters. 

To get some dimension I took a Idea-ology Creepy eye, distressed it with Walnut stain Distress crayon and glued it on to the stamped image. Then I mounted a Idea-ology Optical lens with steel wire to the card, right above the eye. Very suitable. 🙂.

At the bottom of the card I mounted a sanded Idea-ology Quote chip with Walnut stain inked edges, also with steel wire. Here you can see that the stamped image is adhered with 3D adhesive.

To finish off the card I cut a piece of cardboard which I painted with black acrylic paint, matted on a sanded piece of “red” metallic Kraft stock with Black soot inked edges, which finally was mounted to the card base. All layers have 3D adhesive in between to get dimension. 

I will try this card over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Spooky.

Thank you very much for visiting, 

/Susanne 

2 kommentarer: