Blogg

Blogg

lördag 3 oktober 2020

“She was peculiar” tag

Hello and welcome, 

Now it’s time for my favourite making season, Halloween. Even though we don’t really celebrate it here in Sweden I like it a lot. I have used Tim Holtz products for this tag. 

I actually started this summer with the making of the background, using a Mixed media heavystock tag. I used one of my favourite techniques by Tim, the Micro glaze resist. First I used the THS010 Eyechart stencil with Spiced marmalade Distress Oxide spray and Carved pumpkin Distress Stain spray. Then the THS 061 Linen stencil with Faded jeans and Walnut Stain Distress Oxide spray.

I used seambinding band for the bow, which I sprayed with Crackling campfire and Black soot Distress spray stain. The cobwebs are stamped with CMS346 Tangled webs. The small bats are from the Sizzix die 661588. 
I colored the paper dolls with Distress crayons and a small brush. I also used the new stencil THS149 Script on the background. The black spots on the background is from the new stamp set CMS412 Examination. 
The big girl has a string around her arm, that is also sewn around the small girl’s head, so she can swing her from side to side like a marionette. Creepy. I have also put a black heart on the big girl, from Sizzix die 660226. 


The church Is from 664194. Cut out from black Kraftstock and sanded. I used my sewing machine and stitched around the edges. And inked the edges as well with Black soot Distress ink.
Under the girls I placed a sanded Quote chip, which I also inked the edges on, with Walnut stain this time. I mounted the Quote chip with two long fasteners. 


I will try this tag in a challenge over at Simon says stamp blog -Add a photo. I chosed to use the paper dolls as photos. 

Thank you very much for visiting today, 

/ Susanne.  

2 kommentarer: