Today I will show a Birthday card I have made with one of my Flower dies, 661808 Wildflowers #2, and 3D folder, Botanical from Tim Holtz.
I started with the backpanels and cut two pieces in different sizes from Watercolor cardstock. Using my ink blending tool and colored with Weathered wood, Iced spruce and finally Stormy sky Distress Oxide. (from bottom to top). Then I sprayed with Walnut stain Distress Oxide spray on the lower part of the panel. Tried also to get some "splaches" on the top part.
On the bigger panel I stamped the Entomology text stamp, CMS328, with Walnut stain Distress oxide on the background.
The smaller panel I embossed with the 3D Texture fades Botanical, inked the raised areas with Distress ink in Stormy sky.
I matted both of the panels on a purple sanded Kraft cardstock panel. Then again matted that panel on a Metallic Kraft cardstock which I also sanded and Distressed the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. I used 3D adhesive between all the layers to create depth.
Then I started to make the flowers. I diecut them from watercolor cardstock and painted them with Distress ink´s in different purple colors with Tim Holtz watercolor brush.
I also stamped some bumblebees on watercolor cardstock using the Entomology stamp set CMS328. I stamped the wings on wellum paper as well and cut them out and glued just the inner edge of the wing above the ordinary wings for dimension. I colored them all with Distress inks.
I diecut some borders with 664178 Crochet, inked them with Old paper Distress Oxide and then Walnut Stain Distress ink, crinkled them and glued them in place.
I colored a Ideaology pen nib with Mushroom Alcohol ink and glued it on the diecuts with Distress Collage medium.
I glued a Metallic sticker Quotation on a piece of sturdy cardstock, sanded the edges and glued to the panel.
I stamped a small number stamp in the left hand corner, using CMS225, Correspondence and black Archival ink.
Under the smaller panel I tucked two tickets which I have stamped with Ticket booth, CMS 337, and diecut using the coordinating dies. So convenient! I used Distress inks on the tags.
Here you can see all my layers. Finally mounted with 3D adhesive to a black cardblank.
Thanks a lot for visiting,