Blogg

Blogg

lördag 22 juni 2019

Cat card

Hello and welcome!

Today I will show a card I made for my sister in law on her birthday this spring.
My brother and she adopted a beautiful cat named Alfred earlier this year, so I thought a cat card would be suitable 🙂

I have used products from Tim Holtz when making this card.
I used the cat from his stamp set Hipster CMS 288.

I started with the background cut from Distress mixed media heavy stock, using crackle paste through one of Tim’s stencils on the right side of the card. Then I sprayed Distress Oxide spray in Peeled paint. On the right side of the card I used the same stencil with Walnut stain Distress Oxide, and then moved the stencil just a little bit and get over that with Picket fence Distress ink, to get that shadow effect. Spritz the hole background with some water. Then I used Distress Oxide in Vintage photo over the crackled areas and around the edges of the card. 

I then splattered some Distress resist spray on the background. I colored the cat with Distress ink’s. The glasses are cut out and mounted on 3D adhesive, and I used some overhead plastic for the glass in the glasses frame. I cut a frame for the cat in Woodgrain Cardstock from the rectangle stitched die, and used Ground espresso Distress ink pad directly on the frame. Then spritzed with a little bit of water. The tie is cut twice and the second is mounted on 3D adhesive for dimension.

The paper clip is cut from a Tim Holtz movers & shapers die “Miniclipbord top” 658560, and colored with Walnut stain and Cracked pistachio Distress Oxide sprays. I put a Ideaology Swivel clasp in the paper clip to hold the Faceted heart.  

The Faceted heart is cut from Distress mixed media heavy stock and colored with Distress Oxide in Rusty hinge. Then I used Walnut stain Distress ink to Distress the edges of the heart. I also spritzed the heart with water.

I cut the letter “A” for Alfred, with the new Alphanumeric label die set, inked with Distress Oxide and glued it at the backside of the heart. I draw a frame around the heart with a black thin pen. 

I painted some Ideology Numeric with acrylic paint in some "rusty tones". "24" stands for how many toes Alfred have.

I mounted the background on some Cardboard which I sprayed with Spiced marmalade Distress Oxide ink, and inked with Rusty hinge Distress Oxide.

Just to let you know a little bit more about Alfred;
Alfred is a "skipper cat", I´m not sure if that´s the breed name in English ;)
Alfred is a beautiful cat, and he has now came to a calm and harmonic home where he get´s  lot of love, play and care from his new family and from us as well. 

Thank you so much for visiting, 

/Susanne









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar