Blogg

Blogg

söndag 18 oktober 2020

Walk of fame - Halloween

Hello and welcome, 

Today I have a card which idea I came up with last year, a Walk of fame card with zombies. And what is more suitable than to try this idea out with the “new” slimline card trend.

I have used Tim Holtz products for this card.

I started with the background, cut a piece of watercolor cardstock and used Distress Oxides in Hickory smoke, Pumice stone and Black soot. Then I used the THSM086 stencil Stone with Distress ink Black soot.

Then I smeared out Grit paste translucent over the whole background, I wanted the feel of asphalt. When dry, I used Distress crayons in Black soot and Hickory smoke over the paste. More concentrated around the edges. I also used Distress ink Black soot around the edges. On top of everything I stamped the splatters from CMS 412 Examination, with Jet black Archival ink. Then I was happy with my “pavement“. 
 
The Zombies are stamps from CMS350 Zombies, which I stamped on watercolor paper and colored with Distress ink’s and reinkers. 

I used a star die from stash (I think it is an old Sizzix die), and cut out in both metallic Kraft stock and a dark red Kraft cardstock. I sanded them and on the metallic ones I used Walnut stain Distress ink on the edges. 

For the title I cut letters from Black Kraft stock and Crackling campfire inked watercolor cardstock, using the 664177 Alphanumeric label die. I glued the letters together and offset them to achieve a shadow behind the orange letters.

I die cut the small labels from 657188 Tiny tabs & tags, colored with Distress ink Crackling campfire. The “No” is a stamp from CMS225 Correspondence and the actual numbers are from CMS 404 Glitch 2. Then I took mini fasteners to attached them to the card. The idea with the tags was that you should be able to search in an archive for the number to see who is actually hiding behind each zombie 🙂, creepy. 

To finish the card I made a panel from watercolor cardstock and inked with Crackling campfire Distress ink, scratched the edges and then inked them with Black soot. Then mounted them with 3D adhesive on a black card. 

I will try this card in the challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge  - Spooky.

Thanks for visiting and take care, 

/ Susanne 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar