Blogg

Blogg

fredag 9 oktober 2020

Rose card

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will show a card where I have used some of the new stamps from Tim Holtz Halloween release. For this card I have used CMS413 Dearly departed and CMS412 Examination. I also wanted to try the new fantastic Distress color, Crackling campfire. I have loved orange for as long as I can remember, and this orange is the “ bang on target” orange. So vibrant, happy and just beautiful in all ways. 🧡

The background is made on watercolor cardstock on which I stamped the small signs from the Examination set. I than stamped the “dots” with Distress ink in Crackling campfire. I used Distress crayon in Black soot around the edges. I mounted the background panel on another watercolor cardstock inked with Crackling campfire. Then behind that layer, a layer of cardboard which I have painted with black acrylic paint. I ripped of the upper right corner on the background and stamped the orange background with one of the sign stamps as well. In the lower right corner I put a Idea-ology Metallic sticker, which I sanded and put on some 3D adhesive.

The rose is colored with Distress ink’s in Crackling campfire, Aged mahogany, Forest moss, Peeled paint and Ground espresso. I used some glossy accent in the center of the rose.

Here you can see the ripped off corner better.
In the upper left corner I used a piece from the orange background and stamped the “Wholesale florist” stamp with Distress embossing ink, and then used black embossing powder, and heated. The edges of this sign is also distressed with black soot crayon. Mounted on 3D adhesive for some dimension.
The rose is fuzzy cut and then I wrinkled it in my hand and then folded it out again and glued it to the background. I only put glue on “the lower” points after the wrinkling and not on the “high” points. In that way it won’t lie flat on to the background. (This was a great tip from my husband), to get the card more “alive”.

Thank you so much for visiting, 

/ Susanne 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar