Blogg

Blogg

söndag 6 november 2022

Christmas bow card

Hello and welcome, 

It’s time for the first Christmas card of the year! I was lucky enough to receive my new Distress ink’s in the beautiful Lumberjack plaid red. Such a rich and beautiful red! And I also used my new bow die and Tree ring 3D embossing folder. 

This make is inspired by the Sizzix make Yoku @scrapxoxo made for Tim’s Sizzix live. She made a stunning Ideaology piece, but I went for a card. 


I started with a piece of Distress Watercolor paper and used my Tree ring 3D embossing folder. Then I sprayed it with different Distress spray stains and Distress Oxide sprays. Finally I took a Distress ink pad and “smeared” it directly over the background to reach the raised areas. Then I cut it in five similar sized pieces, inked the edges with Distress ink in Frayed burlap, and glued them side by side on a copy paper. 


I inked a piece of White heavystock with Lumberjack plaid Distress ink and stamped the text from CMS442 Jolly Santa. Sanded lightly and inked the edges with Frayed burlap DI. 


Then I cut all the pieces from 666063 Bowtied from White heavystock, inked with Distress ink in Lumberjack plaid DI, DOX and Aged mahogany DI. All edges are inked with Black soot DI. 


I cut a tag with my old 657188 Tiny tabs & Tag Bigz die from Distress Mixedmedia heavystock, inked with Frayed burlap DI. Stamped with some CMS 323 Holiday Postmarks with DI Lumberjack plaid. I wrote two frames around the tag with a thin red pen. (I have Tim’s new Framed tags die on my wish list for Christmas)😊. Then I inked another White heavystock piece with the new red, and cut out the words with 666062 Bold Christmas. Glued the words on the tag. 


I glued the bow to the background, all pieces accept from the big bow. I put a string on the tag and then I adhered the tag with 3D foam, and finally the big bow on top. I tied a Tiny bell with the string, with a jump ring between. 


I mounted the card on an inked piece of Kraft paper then to an inked piece of red cardstock with 3D foam. 


I will try this card over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Christmas. 

Thank you very much for your visit! 

/ Susanne







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar