Blogg

Blogg

onsdag 17 november 2021

Father’s day card

Hello everyone, 

Last Sunday we celebrated Father’s day here in Sweden. I am fortunate to have my Dear Father alive. I made him a card using Tim Holtz products.

I started with the background, cut a piece of Distress White heavystock and used Frayed Burlap Distress ink on my craft mat. Spritzed with water and dipped the card, drying between layers and repeated until happy. Then I inked the edges with Ground espresso and Walnut stain Distress ink. Used my sewing machine around the edges for the stitching. 

Next step was the stamping with the numbers. I placed my background card in my Tim Holtz Stamp platform, inked the number stamp from CMS432 Inquisitive with Barn door Distress Oxide ink, then cleaned the stamp with water and inked it with Black soot Archival ink and stamped above the red stamped numbers. I love this look and I have learnt it from one of Emma Williams tutorials. (Click the link to her post). Then it was time for the blue numbers. I did it the same way with the blue as with the red, but with Prize ribbon Distress Oxide ink. Then I moved the stamp and repeated the same process a couple of times. Next I used the text stamp from CMS328 Entomology and Black soot Archival ink, and stamped randomly without a stamping block. 
Next up was the “panel” with the “Best Dad ever” text. I cut a suitable piece of Distress White heavystock and inked it the same way as the background accept from the numbers. Then I placed the panel in my Stamp platform and masked the letter “y”, on the stamp “Best day ever” and inked it with Distress Oxide Prize ribbon, took away the making tape and then stamped. Then I moved the stamp so the “D” in day was placed directly after the letter “A”. In that way I got the word Dad instead of Day. After I stamped with Oxide I used Distress embossing glaze Prize ribbon on top and then heated. 
I inked the edges of the panel with the same inks as on the background and then stitched the edges with my sewing machine. 
The image with the man and bullseye are also from CMS432 Inquisitive set. Before I stamped the bullseye I “inked” it with Frayed burlap the same way as mentioned above for the background. Then I stamped it the same way as the numbers. The black dots are from the same set, stamped with Black soot Archival ink. I colored the man with Distress ink and reinkers, cut him out, inked the edges, and mounted him to the bullseye with 3D adhesive. Behind the bullseye I glued a star trim border, cut from a Sizzix 3D impresslits. The border is cut from sanded Metallic Kraft stock, and then I used Distress crayon Walnut stain to grunge it up a bit. 
Then I used the 665205 Alphanumeric bold dies and cut out “Pappa”, which means “Dad”, from the background. Inked the edges and glued a piece of sanded and inked Metallic Kraftstock behind. This idea I took from the very talented Vicki Evans, (click link to her blogpost). Then I splattered some Distress mica stain in Crooked Broomstick on the card. The red stars are from Tim Holtz ideaology, which I have painted in red acrylic paint and then painted over with a wash of brown acrylic paint. 
The Thought token is also from Tim’s ideaology. I painted it the same way as the stars above and then I used Distress crayon in Antique linen Distress crayon over the text, then used a piece of lightly damp paper to remove the access. I used a long fastener (which I have colored with Alcohol ink in Mushroom) to mount the token to the card. 
I mounted the card to a piece of dark blue cardstock, then to a cardboard piece which I have inked the edges on with Ground espresso Distress ink. Then I mounted them to a dark blue card blank. I used 3D adhesive between the card front and the second layer for dimension. 


I hope I have inspired you to make a card. I think this stamp set are perfect for men’s cards. 

Have a nice day, and Thank you very much for visiting today.

/Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar