Blogg

Blogg

torsdag 14 oktober 2021

The Florist

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will show a Halloween card! I really love the Halloween making season! I have used Tim Holtz products for this card.

Let me introduce you to “The florist”. 


I started with the background, a piece of Watercolor cardstock. Then 
I inked my craft mat with Frayed burlap Distress ink, sprayed with water and dipped the background. Heated with my heat tool, then repeated until happy. Then I used Tim Holtz stencil, the THS110 Shifter diamond, with Black soot and a Rusty hinge Distress ink, and spritzed with water and let react for a short while, to get a softer look. Then heated. Next stencil, THS149, Script with Frayed burlap Distress ink. Then I used stamps from CMS138 Apothecary and CMS435 Rest in peace with different Archival ink colors, Sepia, Black soot and Plum. I inked all the edges with Ground espresso Distress ink.


I also stamped the spiderweb from CMS346 Tangled web with Distress embossing ink and embossed with Black powder. I draw a frame around the whole background with a thin black pen. I “splatted” some Distress Mica stain in Croocked broomstick to the background as well. I decorated with a Tiny clip.


Now it’s time for the main person of this card, “the florist” herself. First I stamped the flower from CMS413 Dearly departed on watercolor paper, then I masked the flower and then stamped the skull from CMS435 Rest in peace. I colored the whole image with Distress inks, and fuzzy cut it. I put some orange Stickles glitter glue to the middle of the flower. She also have a idea-ology Creepy eye, which I have grunted up with some Distress crayon Walnut Stain. I adhered her to the background with 3D adhesive. 


I stamped and embossed a spider under one of the flower stems with black embossing powder, as if it was hanging under the stem. I made a label from Distress White heavystock, inked with Frayed burlap ink, stamped and embossed with CMS412 Examination, and black embossing powder. I wrapped the label around all layers of the card. Here you can see some of the Mica Stain “splotches” as well. 


On the other side I used the “florist” stamp from CMS413 Dearly departed and made a similar label, on the exact same way. Also wrapped around all the other layers. I inked some Mummy cloth with Walnut stain Distress ink. I decorated with a Typed token Halloween which I have used Antique linen Distress crayon on to get the text more visible. I fastened it with a loop pin. 


On the other side I glued two pieces from Clipping stickers Halloween, with Distress collage medium. I have inked the edges of the stickers with Walnut stain Distress ink. 


I used a hexfastener in the upper right corner, for decoration. Here you can see some of the Mica stain splotches. 
I mounted this card to a sanded “Blackout” panel, then a piece of inked cardboard, finally to a black card blank. All layers with 3D adhesive in between for dimension. 


I will try this card over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Fall colors mood board. I have been inspired by the colors. 

Thank you very much for visiting today, 

/ Susanne 





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar