Blogg

Blogg

söndag 3 mars 2019

Travel etcetera tag

Hello and welcome!

I have made an Tim Holtz Etcetera tag with travel theme. Me and my husband love to travel and we travel as often as possible. So I thought it would be nice to made a tag with that theme.

I started with the background on the tag, using Tissuepaper and stamped some Travel labels from CMS108 with Archival ink in Cobalt blue, then I glued it to the tag with Distress collage medium, tried to get some wrinkles for texture. I put a layer of watered down gesso on it to knock the stamped images back a bit. 

I used some crackle paste on random places to get some more texture. On this photo some small wrinkles from the tissuepaper is shown, under and beside the star. Then I used some Distress ink´s in Tumled glass and Broken china to colour the hole background. 

At last i used a dotted Tim Holtz stencil and some texture paste opaque matte for even more texture.

Then I diecut all the embellishment pieces, all from Sizzix Tim Holtz dies, the globe 660214, the aeroplane from 661809 Cityscape commute, the tickets from 662698 Ticket booth and the sloth from 662697 Stitched slots, from Distress mixed media heavystock. I used Distress ink´s and Distress oxide´s to colour the pieces. The stamps used for the tickets are CMS337, Ticket booth.



The word Travel are cut from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die called Deco alphabet. I cut it from chip board and twice in Mixed media heavystock and coloured all the letters in blue Distress oxide ink and then in Aged mahogany Distress oxide. Then i mounted them on each other to get some height on the letters.



Then I started to mount all the details to the tag, I used Distress collage medium to glue them all in place.
On the globe I used some thread and needles to mark out some of my favorite travel destinations.
I distressed all diecuts accept from the letters with Walnut stain Distress ink.



I used some designtape pieces in the upper left corner, and a story stick. I used Distress crayon on the stick to better show the word on the stick.


Some more Ideaology pieces as decor. I used some of the Correspondence stamps CMS 255 in Jet black and Plum Arcival ink as well. The aeroplanes body in silver, is sanded metallic cardstock.



Another Ideaology piece.


The star is an Ideaology adornment star which I have painted with red acrylic paint and Mushroom Alcohol ink on the top. 


I sanded the edges on the small talk sticker and mounted it with 3D adhesive. I used 3D on many of the diecuts for dimensions. 
I used Distress crayon in Walnut stain on the edges around the whole tag. Love how that looks on the crackle paste areas.


I tied a piece of hemp string on the Ideaology arrow.


I used Distress stain in Tumled glass and Walnut stain to colour the bow on the top of the tag. I used some Alcohol ink in mushroom on the lens of the Ideaology camera. What a cool Ideaology piece, the camera! I have used a Tim Holtz stamp on the reinforcer of the tag. 

Lot´s of photo´s this time:)

I will try this tag in a challenge at A vintage journey , a challenge blog who turns 5 years. Happy Birthday! AVJ

I hope you have enjoyed this post! I really enjoyed making this tag.

Thanks so much for visiting!

/Susanne



























4 kommentarer:

  1. Oh my what a fabulous travel tag with so many fabulous elements and a gorgeous design. Love it and pinned it xxx

    SvaraRadera
  2. What a fabulous jumbo tag - I love how you've coloured the Earth, and used the ticket holder at the bottom. There's so much colour and detail to enjoy here... a delight! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey to celebrate our 5th birthday.
    Alison x

    SvaraRadera
  3. Fantastisk flott tag! Har nettopp oppdaget deg, og ser vi har mye samme smak når det gjelder stempel. Var (er) helt fortapt i KennyK og Tim Holtz. Du er kjempedyktig! Nå har du fått en ny følger til bloggen din ;-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Hejsan Mariann, vad trevligt att du hittat min blogg. Ja, jag har ända sedan jag började pyssla för kanske 15 år sedan gillat Tim Holtz och hans produkter:) Även Kenny K. Detta är ett sammanträffande, för du känner min svägerska och bror. L och O. Vet att ni hälsat på varandra någon sommar :)

      Radera