Blogg

Blogg

söndag 13 januari 2019

Card for Terry 80

Hello and welcome!

Today I will show a card I made for a man who turn´s 80 in February next year, ha ha, I thought it was this year but it is great to be ahead schedule.


I started with the small tag on the card. I used Tim´s tag dig for the tag and cut it out from Distress Heavystock. Then I stamped parts of CMS360 Inventor 6 on the tag. I then used Gathered twigs Distress Oxides on it. Then I covered it with Distress Collage medium and on some parts Distress Collage medium crazing for the texture. Then I used Distress Crayon in Walnut stain on the crazing and round the edges of the tag.



Then I made the background of the card. A piece of Distress Heavystock, used the Gears 3D texture fade and put some crackle paste on the folder, then through my Big shot. After that I inked the hole  surface with Distress ink Walnut stain. Covered it with Distress collage medium. Then I used Distess Crayons in Walnut stain, Black soot, Rusty hinge and Iced spruce. Then I used my sewing machine round the edges. 


I diecut gears from chipboard and used Distress Oxide in Rusty hinge to cover them, then I sprayed them with Distress resist spray. Then I used Distress crayons in different brown and black colors. I like the texture you can get with the Distress spray. I also diecut a globe from Tim´s Sizzix Globe die, from Kraft cardstock and sanded it for a more distressed look. 

I used Tim´s Ideaology Hexagon fasteners in the middle of the gears.



Here you can see the texture that the Distress collage medium crazing did. 
Here you can see all the layers of the card. I mounted the background on sanded Kraft cardstock and then mounted that layer on a Kraft core metallic piece that was diecut with Tim´s die Stitched rectangels and then also sanded. 



The "arrows" are from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die called Shape strips. And the number´s 80 are from a Sizzix Tim alphabet die called "Deco" which I love. I cut 80 both from metallic Kraftstock and from blue Kraft stock and sanded both and glued them a little bit offset. 
To finish off my card I colored a paper doll with Distress markers on some of his clothes and also put a Small talk sticker on the card. 

I will try this card in this challenge:

Simonsaysstamp blog Mondaychallenge, Use something new. (I have used my new alphabet die "Deco", and my new stampset CMS360 Inventor 6)

Thanks for visiting, 

/Susanne

















2 kommentarer:

  1. Love this vintage card, beautifully designed and put together. It’s great to be so far ahead of yourself 😂 xx

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is such a fantastic creation! The rusty effect and all the embellishments are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    SvaraRadera