Blogg

Blogg

torsdag 9 november 2017

Guest designer over at Frilly and Funkie challenge blog

Hello,
I'm so honored for being invited to be a guest designer over at Frilly and Funkie challenge blog.
The theme is "Timeworn", so I made a wall hanging with some rust, "crackled leather" and vintage look.

My wall hanging measures about 5" x 7".
I started off with a cardboard background which I painted with a wash (paint and color) of Deco art media fluid in Paynes grey and added some salt to get som interest. After that I stamped the background with a Stampendous stamp, Andy Skinner's Industrial. (Crackle pattern). Then I dry brushed the edges with Deco art media fluid in Quinacridone gold to get that rusty effect. I wanted it to look like an old rusty metal wall. I also made some holes in the background and drybrushed the edges of the holes. 
The clock is a die from Sizzix, Tim Holtz, which I treated with Deco art texture sand, and then used Andy Skinner's rust technique. (Instructions are available on Deco art's website.)

The Tim Holtz Quote chip (winter wonderland) and the Flashcard (winter) are treated with Distress collage medium vintage, than when dry, with Distress collage crazing. On top of that some Distress crayon in Vintage photo. The small words "My skates" are Tim Holtz label letters with som Distress ink in Walnut stain, for an aged look. 
The hinge is a diecut from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die, in grungeboard, also treated with Andy's rust technique, but without the texture sandpaste, and fastened with Tim Holtz mini fasteners.



The "ice" word is diecut in chipboard with a die from Sizzix, Tim Holtz "Wordplay" . Then painted with Weathered wood Distress pant, stamped over with a text stamp with Archival ink, and then used Distress crayon in Rusty hinge on the edges.


The skates are also a diecut in chipboard from Sizzix, Tim Holtz, movers and shapers skate die. Painted with white acrylic paint, after that treated with Distress collage medium "crazing", then some Distress crayon in Vintage photo. The skids are painted with Distress paint, Brushed pewter, and then Deco art Quinacridone gold. 






Thank you so much for visiting! 

Have a nice day, 

/Susanne

2 kommentarer:

  1. Congratulations on your GDT spot at Frilly & Funky, and what a gorgeous wall hanging you have created! I love the crackle and the rusty elements are superb, I especially love how you did the skate charm! Hugs, Anne xx

    SvaraRadera
  2. Susanne, your timeworn wall hanging is pure eye candy! I've seen the details at Frilly and Funkie, and had to come by to let you know how much I love this project! The texture and timeworn patina you've created is exceptional! I just picked up a pair of worn out ice skates at an estate sale yesterday to use as Christmas decor, and yours look so incredibly just like them! Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer! Hugs!

    SvaraRadera