Blogg

Blogg

lördag 10 september 2022

Gathered for Halloween

Hello and welcome, 

I have made a card with Tim’s new Stamps CMS451 The Scarecrow, and I have also used his new Distress Mica stains.

I started with the background and used the THMSK 01 Moon mask on a piece of Distress Mixed media heavystock. I used Distress spray stains and Distress Mica stains. I followed the step’s that Tim showed in one of his demos, with idea from Stacy (Here is a link to her blog). I used Mica stain in Decayed and Flickering candle, Spray stains in Black soot. 

When happy with my background I used my stamping tool to stamp the bats. I was a little unsuccessful, the card glide just a little, and at first I was disappointed with the result. But I decided to use it anyway, and now I think it is cool with that “shadow”. 🙈. 


I inked the edges with Distress ink, Black soot, then stitched with my sewing machine. 


I made a mask with a post-it note and used with the stamp CMS451 The Scarecrow and stamped it three times, because I wanted a gang. 🙂. Then I colored them with Distress inks. (My new Distress watercolor pens hadn’t arrived at this point, but now they have🙂). 


I then fuzzy cut the images and inked the edges with Black soot Distress ink. I glued the corn stems with Distress collage medium and adhered the Scarecrows with 3D foam. 


I stamped the text on some inked (same colors as for the background, accept from the yellow) Mixed media heavystock and cut out, inked the edges and then adhered with 3D foam.


The background was glued to a sanded and inked piece of orange metallic Kraftstock, and the next layer is a sanded black Kraftstock. 3D foam between the orange and the black layer for dimension. Then mounted to a black card blank.


I will try this card in the challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Stamp it. 

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, 

/Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar