Blogg

Blogg

lördag 19 september 2020

Birthday tag for my dear Mother

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will show a tag that I have made for my Mother who just have turned 75. I am 54 years youngđŸ€Ł myself and are so privileged and happy to have both my parents in good health with us.
I wanted to make something more than a card for my Mother, so first I decided to make a Curio box, from Tim Holtz die. But when I had finished the box I changed my mind and mounted it to a Small Etcetera tag, that my husband “adjusted” to size. He shortened it and made it a little bit more narrow as well. I wanted it to fit the Idea-ology worn wallpaper. Said and done, here comes some photos and som descriptions: enjoy, 😊.


I I I started to diecut the Curio box from chipboard (the backside) and from Mixed media heavystock (the front) and then used the Flourish 3D embossingfolder on the front piece. Then I used used Distress Oxides 
in Speckled egg, Bundled sage and Shabby shutters to color the front. I glued some design papers from Tim’s French industrial inside the box, then some Distress collage medium. Then I used Distress crayon in Walnut stain and a waterbrush on the designpaper to get it look more old. (a great tip from Paula Cheney, learnt in one of her classes I was lucky to attend). đŸ‘đŸŒ. Than I aged the edges wit Distress ink Walnut stain.


Now to the background tag; I glued a piece of Worn wallpaper to the Etcetera tag, aged it with Paula’s technique mentioned above. Then I took some of Tim’s crackle paste on random places around the edges, and when dry some Distress crayon in Walnut stain. I also used the dot fade stencil with some texture paste to get some texture. I also used the splatbrush and some brown acrylic paint to get som small splats on the wallpaper.
 number in the upper right corner is a remnant rub - Specimen. Then I decorated the tag with some half pearls from Prima. 
For the pieces inside the Curio box I have used an Idea-ology thimble, some bouquet flowers which I colored with waterbrush and Distress ink. I also used some fake moss. In the bottom of the box I took an old piece of lace, distressed it with Walnut stain ink, glued it to the bottom with Collage medium and then glued the baubles in. The darker baubles are colored with Alcohol ink in Mushroom. The small “sign” is a stamp from CMS138 Apothecary. Stamped with Speckled egg DOX, on a piece of Mixed media heavystock that has been inked with Walnut stain. The words are from Sticking clippers Christmas.

The candle is made from a tutorial by the very talented Tami B, you can find it here . I think they are very cool. It was my first try making them and I struggled a bit because I was forced to use the big glue gun cause my small one was out of refills. But I was quite happy with the result. I placed one candle on each side of the box. 
75 is Idea-ology number blocks, which I colored the front with Weathered wood Distress paint, and stamped with CMS328 Entomoloy text stamp. Then I used a piece from Vignette hardware and screwed it in to the bottom of the number “5” and then a jump ring and finally the heart charm. The text “ a gift of love” under the number “7” is also from sticking clippers Christmas. And the “paper doll” is home made from a photo of my Mother when she was a little girl. I think she looks so cute and almost like a doll on this photo. 

The reinforcer of the tag is gessoed and then I stamped the text stamp again, and then some Embossing glaze in Speckled egg. Then some Distress crayon in Walnut stain. I made a bow from Crinkle ribbon and colored it with the same DOX colors as the box, and some Walnut stain ink. I put a Story stick on a jump ring and then attached it to the bow. I have used antique linen Distress crayon on the story stick to get the word more visible. On the upper left corner of the box I mounted a transparent wing with a mini fastener. The “From the heart” is a Metallic sticker. 
I used a baseboard frame - Lace, to “frame” the box, and before I glued it to the tag I used Embossing glaze Speckled egg and Distress crayon Walnut stain to age it. That is one of all great tips from the previous FB lives Tim treated us with earlier this year. 

 The“Follow your heart” Quote chip is treated the same way as the frame above. I mounted it with tiny attachers. The shelf under the box is an Etcetera trim with crackle paste. After dried I sprayed it with Speckled egg DOX spray. Then inked with Walnut stain ink.
I will try this tag in Simon Says stamp monday challenge - Frame it

Thank You so much for following me through this long blog post. I struggled a bit with the new format in blogger, the text “went away”. I don’t know in this moment how to fix it😊😅.

/ Susanne

1 kommentar: