Blogg

Blogg

söndag 7 juni 2020

Birthday card for my Father

Hello and welcome,

Today I will share a card I have made for my Father’s birthday, which is today. Happy Birthday Dad❤️. He turns 78 this year and we are not able to celebrate together the whole family as usual. But I baked a rhubarb pie, picked some flowers and made this card for him, so that he should feel that it is a special day anyway. I left it off outside their door and talked to him and my Mother in distance.

I have used Tim Holtz products for this card and used some of the techniques that Tim has shown in his FB lives.
I started with the background, cut a piece of Mixedmedia heavystock. Used Distress ink and Distress oxide in the new beautiful color Speckled egg on my craftmat, spritzed some water and started to layer. Drying in between layers. Then I added some Distress ink in Rusty hinge and Ground espresso. Inked the edges with Ground espresso Distress ink. Stitched around the edges with my sewing machine. 
Then I stamped with Inventor 7, CMS374 using Jet black Archival ink. I also used a tiny stamp from Glitch 2, CMS404. Then I spritzed with water and used Embossing glaze in Walnut stain and Rusty hinge. Love the look of it! 
I applied a thin coat of Micro glaze on the upper part of the stamped image. Heated with my heat tool, and then it is “safe” to color with Distress ink’s without bleeding from the ink’s on the background. This is such a great technique that Tim has been demoing. 👍🏼. 
Here you can see all the colors on the stamped image. I also used a stamp from Tiny text, CMS394 on a piece of Speckled egg inked paper. I inked the edges withGround espresso Distress ink, and mounted it with 3D adhesive on a piece of sanded and inked Metallic Kraft stock paper.
I stamped “No 78” with a small stamp from the Correspondence set, CMS225. The original stamp is No 74, but I masked off the number 4 and took number 8 from the same stamp. I love these fiddely things. 😊. I used Embossing glaze in Rusty hinge on an Index clip and then put the clip over the stamped piece. I stamped number 78 because it is how old my Father turns today.
Here you can see the small Glitch stamp.
I used the Steampunk parts Bigz die 664185. First from chip board and then from Mixedmedia heavystock. I glued the two different substrates together.
The propeller is cut from Woodgrain cardstock instead of Mixedmedia heavystock. To color it I used Distress ink and Oxide in Weathered wood. Then I took my Mini Distress ink pad in Ground espresso and drag over the surface, then inked the edges with the same color. I put a Hex fastener in the centre of the propeller. To color the Hex fastener I used Embossing glaze in Rusty hinge. 
I painted the circle part with Distress paint Brushed pewter, let dry. Added translucent Grit paste, let dry. Then I applied Distress crayons in Gathered twigs, Rusty hinge, Black soot and Peacock feathers, to achieve that rusty look.
The bolts are colored with Distress ink Ground espresso, then translucent Grit paste, and finally I used the same Distress crayon colors as on the circle. 
I mounted my card on a background cut from water color paper which I Sprayed with Distress Oxide spray in Faded jeans and Black soot. Inked the edges with Ground espresso Distress ink. Next layer is a Metallic Kraft cardstock #3 that I have sanded and inked the edges on as well. And finally a black card blank. I have used 3D adhesive between all layers for dimension. 

I will try this card in the following challenges: 

Simonsaysstampblog mondaychallenge - Make your own background

Sandee-and-amelie steampunk-challenge June - Anything goes Steampunk/ Industrial

Thank you very much for visiting, 

Take care, 

/ Susanne.  




2 kommentarer:

  1. Awesome card for your dad! Love the gears and rusty textures you've added. I am sure he loved the card and the rhubarb pie! It is weird to celebrate from afar in these times, but much needed. Hugs, Maura Oh...yes, thanks so much for sharing this with us at SASPC!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Wonderful card for your dad. Fantastic rust effects. Hugs, Susan

    SvaraRadera