Blogg

Blogg

lördag 13 april 2019

Route 66

Hello and welcome,

Today I want to share a card I made with Tim Holtz products and with a metallic look.
I started with my backgrounds, using Metallic craft cardstock, and on the main background I used the Foundry embossingfolder, and then diecut with my new Sizzix TH die Splash. And for the background behind the diecut hole I used an older TH embossingfolder. I sanded both backgrounds and on the one which was embossed with the older embossingfolder I used some black Distress crayon, to achieve the look I was after. On the "Foundry" background I sanded, and added some black acrylic paint, then let that dry a while and then wiped it off. I let the color remain in some areas then added som color from Rusty Hinge and Peacock feathers Distress crayons.
For the embellishments I used the new Voltage die, which I like a lot! It is so cool! I cut it out from chipboard then from Kraft cardstock/Metallic craft cardstock. I glued all the papercuts to the chipboard. That gives a sturdy feel and 3D effect. I sanded all the pieces and used Black soot Distress ink on all the edges and on the metallic pieces I used some Rusty hinge Distress crayon to get some rusty details on the bolts and the metallic plate. 
When I made this card I hadn´t received my Professor stamp set so I had to come up with another idea to get the scale on the Voltage die, so I used a piece from a stamp in set CMS128 Road trip. 
I embossed the "scale" with silver embossing powder.
Then I made the Route 66 sign, where I used another stamp from CMS128 Road trip. Number 66 is Ideaology Numeric which I have painted with red and black acrylic paint. I fastened the sign with two Ideaology Mini fasteners.






I stamped the Roadtrip stamp from the same stampset as earlier with black archival ink on some sanded Kraft cardstock. Then I used a white Posca pen to write around the stamped text. I matted the word on some red sanded Kraft cardstock and put it on the card fastened with a Ideaology hinge clip.
I finished the card off with a storystick and a long fastener. I used Distress crayon in Festive berries on the story stick to highlight the word travel. Then I mounted my cardpanel on some red sanded Kraft cardstock panel and then on a black cardblank on 3D adhesive to get some height and layers.

Hope you like this project,  and thank you very much for visiting.

/Susanne





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar