Blogg

Blogg

söndag 23 september 2018

Entomology card

Hello,

Today I will show a card made with a lot of Tim Holtz products again.

For the background I used the Stitched rectangle die from Sizzix to cut out a piece from Distress heavystock and used crackle paste through one of Tim:s ministencils in some random areas. On some other random areas I used Distress resist spray through the same stencil. (Don,t forget to clean the stencil directly). Then I dipped and spritz the background in Old paper Distress Oxide. Repeated until I was happy with the result. Dried with a heat tool between the layers. Then I used Vintage photo Distress oxide around the edges to distress it.


I have used the Entomology stamp set CMS 328 from Stampers anonymous for the focal point on this card. I fuzzy cut the stamped images (I don,t have the die, yet), and coloured them with Distress ink,s in various colors. Then I stamped the same images on vellum papers and repeted the same steps. I have used that technique in an earlier project I have made, the Nature tag. I like it a lot because it give such dimension and "life" to the project.

I monted the stamped images on a piece of Distress media heavystock that was die cut with the Plank die som Sizzix and then I used the 3D embossingfolder Lumber. Great effect! I used Distress oxide in Hicory smoke and Stormy sky to color the "lumber". And distressed the edges with Distress Oxide in Vintage photo. Under the lumber I used the honeycomb die from Sizzix and cut it out in Coredinations kraft cardstock,


The ticket is stamped with the Ticket booth stampset CMS 337, and colored with DOX in Old paper and Vintage photo. I cut the ticker out with the coordinating die, so convinient!


The number is stamped in Archival ink Jet black, with the stampset Correspondence CMS 225, one of my favorite sets.

I like the crackled pattern from the stencil.




I mounted the card on some cardboard and used DOX Old paper on the edges. And finished the card off with a wrap and bow from seam binding band.

I will try this card in the following challenges:

Frilly and funkie , - All creatures great and small challenge
Stamps and stencils, Anything goes

Thank you so much for visiting, 

Have a nice day, 

/Susanne

5 kommentarer:

  1. What a delight this is - beutiful! Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils this month. Hugs rachel x

    SvaraRadera
  2. This is gorgeous .... great texture and beautiful colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    SvaraRadera
  3. Love this card, especially with the wood plank is a fabulous backdrop for the bugs. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    SvaraRadera
  4. You have made those bugs look BEAUTIFUL! I am inspired by your wood plank...I think that die set is waiting in a Frilly and Funkie box for me to use it! Thank you so much for playing along at Frilly and Funkie! My apologies for commenting late, but we are still trying to get things straight after the hurricane here. Hugs!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Back again to say thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    SvaraRadera