Blogg

Blogg

måndag 5 augusti 2024

Mr Rabbit for my Dear Father

Hello and welcome, 

I have made this card for my dear Father’s birthday. I think Mr Rabbit from Tim Holtz is the perfect stamp for a masculine card. He is adorable. I used Tim Holtz products for this card. 


I started with the background, a piece of Kraftstock, stamped the plaid image from CMS478 Mr Rabbit with Ground espresso Archival ink. Then I ripped a piece of Collage paper - Palette and adhered to the background with Collage Medium matte. Then I used my sewing machine and stitched the edges. 


Then I started to make the stars, cut them out from Mixed media heavy with Sizzix 666567 Vault rosettes die. Inked them with Scorched timber Distress ink. 


I cut a piece of denim from a pair of old jeans, and again ripped a piece of Collage paper - Palette, adhered to the denim with Collage medium. I ripped som threads from the edges of the denim as well and stitched a zigzag seam to the left of the denim piece. I used some glue, long fasteners and my tiny attacher to adhere the fabric to the background. 


I used a small piece from a Ideaology Stencil card in the right corner. I inked it a little with Scorched timber and inked the edges with Uncharted mariner DI. I also inked the edges on some Ephemera pack snippets - Number strip. 



I stamped Mr Rabbit on Watercolor paper with Black soot Archival ink and colored him with Distress inks. Fuzzy cut and then inked the edges with Scorched timber DI. Adhered him to the card with 3D foam for dimension. I stamped his bow tie twice and cut it out, colored and adhered with 3D foam. I used Glossy accent in his eye. 


I cut a Star border with Sizzix 3D Impresslits Star border trim from Mixed media heavystock, inked with Scorched timber and Uncharted mariner. Adhered to the card with 3D foam and two Mini fasteners. 


I used a Type clip with the letter “J”, and fastened it with a Mini fastener. My Father’s name starts with the letter J. 

Here you can also see one of the small Ephemera pieces mentioned above. 


I cut a piece of dark blue cardstock to use behind the background as a mat, then I made a card blank from Kraftstock. I inked the edges on the Kraftstock with Scorched timber DI. 

I will try this card over at Simon Says Stamp - 4 Legged friends.

Thank you very much for visiting my blog, 

/Susanne


2 kommentarer:

  1. Gorgeous card Susanne :-) Mr Rabbit is adorable and I love all of the details! your Dad is going to LOVE this!! I would frame it!!!

    Congratulations you have won the $25 gift certificate on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Please email us at simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com to claim your voucher
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi Susanne, I have just come across your lovely blog. Your creations are so very beautiful and I am so in love with your fabulous card! I am now a new follower! Hugs Zowie x

    SvaraRadera