Blogg

Blogg

torsdag 15 februari 2024

Valentine card for my Dear husband

Hello and welcome, 

Today I will share my Valentine card for my Dear husband. I wanted to make a ”grungy” card and then the new Distress color Scorced timber arrived, so off I went.


I started with the background, a piece of Watercolor cardstock, then used Distress texture paste matte through the THS033 Valentine stencil. Before the paste dried I used embossing glaze in Lumberjack plaid. Let dry and then heated with my embossing gun. 


Then I sprayed the background with Scorched timber Spray stain, and water until happy. Dried with my heat tool. I sprayed some water drops and dried again. Repeated until happy. I also stitched around the edges with my sewing machine, with red thread. Inked the edges with Scorched timber Distress ink. 


Then I diecut the heart from Watercolor cardstock with 666852 Lovestruck Colorize. Inked it with different colors of red Distress inks and glued them together. Inked all edges with Scorched timber DI. 
I spritzed some Spray stain on the heart as well. 


The “XOXO” piece is cut from the background before adhering the heart. I inked the edges and glued it on the heart. Then I used my Dremel tool and drilled a small hole through the heart, for the Vignette hardware nail. I used some Distress collage medium in the hole to be sure that the nail will stay in place. 
The here is adhered with 3D foam for dimension. 


I mounted the card on a piece of red sanded and inked piece of Ideaology Kraft stock, then to a brown card blank. Inked the edges. I used 3D between all layers.

Finally I wrote my “Love message” for my husband. We have been together since we both were 17, and last year we celebrated 40 years together. Time really flies. I really treasure my life together with my “Sweet Valentine “. 

Thank you so much for visiting, 

/Susanne


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar