Blogg

Blogg

tisdag 26 juli 2022

Butterfly tag card

Hello and welcome, 

This is a tag card I have made for our kind and helpful neighbours. They are always helpful if we are away on trips. The card is made with Tim Holtz products. 


I was inspired to try the technique with clear embossing powder that the talented Tami B Playswellwithpaper blog have used in some of her makes. Follow the link to see her tutorial. I love the look from that technique. I used the CMS394 Tiny text, on a white heavystock tag. Then I inked my craft mat with Distress ink Uncharted mariner, spritzed some water and dipped in random places, dried with heat tool. Continue until happy with the result. Then I ironed off the clear embossing powder. Inked the edges with Frayed burlap Distress ink and stitched the edges with my sewing machine. 

I stamped the “butterfly” stamp from CMS447 Botanic collage, with Archival ink, Black soot on the tag. Then I stamped the same stamp on Watercolor paper, colored the butterfly with Distress inks and fuzzy cut it. I used some small stamps from CMS448 Eccentric on the background as well. 

I also spritzed some Crackling campfire Distress ink on the background. 


I cut the word “Tack” = Thank you, with Sizzix 665206 Alphanumeric Stretch upper from brown and blue Kraftstock. I sanded the lettters, then glued them offset together. When I have glued them on the tag, I stitched straight over the word with my sewing machine. 


I inked the edges on the fuzzy cut butterfly and glued it’s body to the tag. 


I put a string on top of the tag. 


I cut a piece from cardboard, inked the edges and glued the tag on top of it. Then I cut a piece from black sanded Kraftstock as card blank. 
I decorated the card with a Mini fastener in two of the corners on the tag. 

Hope you have enjoyed this turtorial.

Have a nice day, and thank you very much for visiting my blog. 

/ Susanne

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar