Blogg

Blogg

tisdag 19 oktober 2021

Villainous potion pumpkin

Hello and welcome, 

Today I have had a day off from work, so what better way then to spend it in my craft room. First I went to my local craft shop and picked up the new Distress color, Villainous potion. I’m not a “ purple” person but this color is fabulous. So rich and dark. 

I made a tag with inspiration from the very talented @igirlzoe, click here for her blogpost. I have used Tim Holtz products.


I started with the background and cut a tag from White Heavystock. Then I used THMS064 skull stencil with Distress texture paste opaque, and let dry.


Next I inked my craft mat with Frayed burlap Distress ink and spritzed with water. Dipped the tag, heated and repeated until happy. Then I did the same with Villainous potion Distress ink. I spritzed some Hocus pocus Distress mica stain on the background as well. I stitched the edges with lilac thread using my sewing machine. Finally I inked the edges with Villainous potion and Walnut stain Distress ink.


I stamped the background with stamps from CMS435 Rest in peace, with Distress ink in Villainous potion. The candles are from the new Sizzix candlelight set, cut from White heavystock and colored with Distress inks. All the edges on the diecut are inked with Walnut stain Distress ink. 


The pumpkin is also diecut from White heavystock with Sizzix die Pumpkin patch, colored with Distress ink in Villainous potion, Antique linen, Distress Oxide Shaded lilac and Hocus pocus Distress Mica stain.


On the darkest pumpkin I also used Frosted crystal embossing powder for the frosted and cool look.


I used Collage medium as glue for all glueing on this tag.


I finished the tag off with some Villainous potion colored seam binding band, and tied a bow. 

I will try this tag in the challenge over at Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Spooky/Halloween.

Products used:
Dies: 656938 Tag & Bookplates, 665552 Candle light, 665556 Pumpkin patch
Stencil: THMS064 Skulls
Stamps: CMS435 Rest in peace
White heavystock, Distress texture paste, Distress embossing ink, Ranger Frosted crystal embossing powder, Ditress inks, Distress Oxide, Distress Stain mica spray

Hope you all will have a great week, and possibility to spend some time crafting.

/ Susanne 




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar