Blogg

Blogg

måndag 20 september 2021

Simon Says Stamp Designer spotlight - Week 3 - Stitch it

 Hello and welcome, 

It´s time for another challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, and it´s is my third week in the Designer Spotlight. Time flies:)

I am really proud and so thankful for all the positive feedback and congratulations I have received from so many talented people. Thank you very much to everyone, and of course for the opportunity to contribute in this.

This weeks challenge is Stitch it.

So with that said, let´s start with my substrate and background. I took a Mini etcetera tag and cut some Distress Cracked leather cardstock. Sprayed it with some Distress ink´s, Distress spray stains and Oxide sprays in different colours. Then I sprayed alayer of Distress ink refresher on top. I inked the edges  then stitched around with my sewing machine. I also stamped with Archivl ink, a stamp from CMS397, Faded types. Then I glued my background to the Etcetera tag with Distress collage medium matte. 


I made two small metallic pieces as decoraation, using the Foundry 3D folder and some sanded metallic Kraft stock. then I added some Distress paint in Salved patina on top. I glued two hardwear heads to the metallic pieces and added some Alcohol ink in mushroom on the heads. I used a piece of Salvaged patina inked Linen ribbon on top of my tag.


I then made a smaller tag from Mixed media heavystock and used Tim Holtz Eroded metallic technique. You can find this technique in his Creative Chemistry classes or on his page from some of his fabulous live demos. I added some Translucent Grit paste on some random places on the tag than used some Distress Crayons on top to get that "rusty crusty" look. Mounted a piece of Salved patina inked string on top. Then I diecut the "number 3" from that tag to use as decoration. Inked the edges with Ground Espresso and Walnut Stain Distress inks. Then I sanded a Milk cap and inked the edges, also for decoration. I used a Ideaology Tiny clip on the tag as well.


Then I took a Ideaology Stencil card, (I love these cards), inked the edges and also stitched on random places with my sewing machine. I coloured a gruop of girls from Ideaology Paperdolls groups with different colors of Distress crayons. Glued some Transparent wings of their backs. I stamped "believe in the magic" with CMS394, Tiny text, with Distress Embossing ink, and used White Embossing powder on sanded Black Kraftstock. Mounted the "no3", the girls and stamped words using 3D foam for dimension. 


Here you can see details from my stitching and "rusting". 


Down in the left corner I made a small "cluster" of decorations. First I used a Ideaology ruler from Odd+Ends and "rusted" the same way as mentioned above. Then I made a heart from mixed media heavstock, The Faceted heart die, some Distress inks, sprays and Distress paint Salved patina.  Some Rusty hinge spray on top. Then I added a Quote flair. 


That was the description of this tag. I hope I have inspired you to make one yourself. 





We are hoping you will join in the challenge this week, it would be lovely to see you there and as always, there is a $25 gift voucher for one lucky winner to spend. 

The products I used are listed below;



Dies: Tim Holtz  Countdown, Faceted heart (sorry, can´t find it in the shop but you can use another decoration)
Stamps: Tim Holtz Faded typeTiny text
Embossing folder: Foundry 3D
Distress Oxide spray: Frayed burlapSalvaged Patina
Distress spray: Rusty Hinge
Distress Embossing ink
Distress Paint: Salvaged PatinaBrushed Pewter
Distress Crayons: Set 1Set 2Set 3Set 10Set 11Set 12
Archival ink : Jet black
Alcohol ink: Mushroom
Embossing powder: White


Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope I have inspired you. Welcome back.

/ Susanne




5 kommentarer:

  1. Vilken fantastiskt fin tag! Bakgrunden är underbar och alla detaljer också. Häftiga distress effekter!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Love it, Susanne! The pops of blue are fun peeking through, and the girls wings are the best! Have a wonderful week, Maura

    SvaraRadera
  3. So incredibly beautiful and layered perfectly! Congrats again on your guest spot! Hugs, Autumn

    SvaraRadera
  4. Love this Susanne! I really like the monotone layers, it makes it look so vintage. Have a great week! Maura

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Oops! Guess you are getting double the love this week from me, LOL!

      Radera