Blogg

Blogg

söndag 11 april 2021

Aloha tag

Hello and welcome, 

This is a tag made with Tim Holtz products and especially the Sizzix die 661207, Tropical, which I have had in my stash for a while and not used very much. I love these tropical flowers and I love to travel, so why not make a tag with Hawaii theme. We have never been to Hawaii, but who knows, some day🙂. 

I started with a small Etcetera tag and painted it with gesso all over. Then I used Distress Crackle paste through the THS 138 Bubbles stencil and let dry. Inked the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. 
Then I “smooshed” Distress ink and Oxides on my craft mat, and spritzed water, then I used a paintbrush to add the ink’s to the tag. I also used some Distress sprays. I used more blue tones for the “sky” and more turquoise for the bottom of the tag. I stamped the reinforcer with a stamp from CMS225 Correspondence. 
I made a couple of backgrounds with Distress ink’s and Oxides on Distress White heavystock and diecut the palm tree and all the flowers an leaves. Mounted them together. 
The small tag is from 667188 Tiny tabs & tags, cut from Distress white heavystock. Inked and then I wrote “Hawaii” and the stitches with a thin black marker. 
The suitcase is made from Cracked leather cardstock, 664439 Baggage claim die, using the technique Tim has shown in some of his FB lives. With sprays and then using a brayer with acrylic paint to highlight the texture, finally som Resist spray on top. 
The three “ladies” is a Found relatives - Occasions, card, which I have colored with Distress crayons. I also used a stamp from CMS 225 Correspondence in the top right corner. I then mounted the card on chip board for more depth, and glued it to the background with Distress collage medium.
Then I placed and layered all the flowers, the palm and leaves and glued them to the tag. All these pieces are inked on the edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. 
The “Aloha” text is cut from Woodgrain cardstock and inked the same way as the suitcase accept from the Resist spray. I wanted the letters to be matte. That are also cut from chip board and then glued together with the woo grain letters to get some more dimension. I used the 664218, Handmade alphabet die. 
The “ Make a wish” is a Quote chip which I have sanded the edges on and then inked with Walnut stain Distress ink. I glued the Quote chip to a piece of Woodgrain cardstock, treated the same as for the “Aloha” letters. Then I painted a Tiny clip with Stormy sky Distress paint, and then used Walnut stain Distress crayon on it to make it look more Distressed. I put the clip on the “ Make a wish” piece. 
The buckles on the suitcase are cut from sanded Metallic Kraft stock, and the strap is from sanded Blackout Kraft stock. 


I will try this tag in the Simon says stamp Monday challenge - Layer it

Thank you so much for visiting today, take care.

/ Susanne. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar