Blogg

Blogg

torsdag 23 januari 2020

Theodore

Hello and welcome,

There was a while since I updated my blog, but today it is time to show Theodore!
I have made a 3D portrait with Tim Holtz products.
I wanted to make like a 3D portrait of Theodore, because I also wanted to use my new Curio box die, 664419. 
Theodore´s head is cut from a thinlits die, 664410, from Kraft cardstock that I have sanded. The edges are inked with Walnut stain Distress ink.

I cut the box background from chip board, with a piece of French Industrial designpaper attached to it .The front of the box are cut from watercolor paper and then embossed in the 3D Lumber folder. I used Jet black Archival ink in the folder then ran it through my Big shot. Then I used Walnut stain, Vintage photo, Gathered twigs and Weathered wood Distress Oxide inks to color it. Then I inked all edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. I made a "wood" background for the outside back of the box as well.


For the background inside the box I diecut the Tangled twigs 663086, from watercolor paper and then sprayed the twigs with Walnut stain and Vintage photo Distress Oxide sprays. Glued into place with Distress collage medium.


I used a bee from Entomology stamp set CMS328, colored it with Distress inks and diecut it with 663068. I cut the wings from wellum as well and attached them above the other wings to get some dimension.

 "Theodore" is cut from Kraft cardstock which I sanded with Alphanumeric label die, 664177, the same die for "2020". The pediment is cut from the die 658557.

The honeycomb is cut from watercolor paper with 660220, Mixed media die, and colored with Wild honey DOX and Walnut stain Distress ink.

The banner is cut from watercolor paper and colored with Old paper and Wild honey DOX. Inked with Walnut stain on the edges. I used some Alcohol ink in Mushroom on the Hardware heads on the banner.

I haven´t been able to get any Tiny lights yet, but as soon as I am I will mount some inside the box to lit up behind Theodore. Theodore is mounted on a piece of wood that my husband made for me, to get the 3D effect.


I will try this little piece in Simonsaysstamp blog Mondaychallenge, with the theme Home decor.

Thanks so much for visiting!

/Susanne

2 kommentarer:

  1. This is fabulous. Thank you for the step by step and for telling us all the dies embossing folders, papers and inks you've used - it is so helpful

    SvaraRadera
  2. I absolutely adore your portrait of Theodore, he looks fabulous Susanne! xxx

    SvaraRadera