Blogg

Blogg

söndag 17 februari 2019

Hipster Ostrich card

Hello and welcome,

Today I will share a card I made with Tim Holtz Hipster stampset, CMS288.

I started with the background and used Distress Oxide in Gathered twigs. Then I used my mini shifter stecil diamonds with Distress ink in Rusty hinge and Gathered twigs. I spritzed the background with water after using the shifter stancil so the pattern will be a little blurry. Then I took Black soot Distress ink through my Eyechart stencil THS010, and after that I stamped through the stencil with an alphabet stamp from CMS090 Going somewhere and Jet black Archival ink. Then I stitched the edges with my sewing machine and inked the edges with Distress ink in Walnut stain.

 I made a frame from watercolor cardstock and Rectangle stitched dies, used Distress inks in Gathered twigs, Walnut stain and Broken china to color the frame. 


I colored the ostrich with Distress inks. And I also colored a flower from Ideaology bouquet with Distress inks and put it in her hat. I used Glossy accents on her glasses to get the look of glass.


I diecut three glasses from Sizzix Tim Holtz dies 660953 Crazy things from Craft- and Coredinations cardstock. I cut out circles from OH-film as glass and glued them in to the glasses. (It,s all in the details ;) ).


"See you" are cut from my Traveler words die from Sizzix TH, 661803, from Coredinations cardstock. I sanded the glasses and the letters. I used a "No 247" story stick and a long fastener on the frame. I used Distress crayon in Mermaid lagoon and Picket fence in the "No 247" so it should be more visible.



I colored a wordband in the same way as the storystick and mounted on the frame with some hempstring. Above that in the left corner i put a piece of Ideaology filmstrip and a sanded milkcap. The milkcap has inked edges with Walnut stain Distress ink. 



I mounted my card on a black base and a panel of sanded Coredinations cardstock. I used 3D adhesive between the layers. I also used 3D adhesive behind the ostrich head.



I will try this card in the following challenges:



Thanks for visiting, 

/Susanne













5 kommentarer:

  1. I love this card, it's too nice and so well done! Beautiful creativity!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Brilliant! A fabulous card with a great design and creative layers xxx

    SvaraRadera
  3. This is so cool! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    SvaraRadera
  4. I have admired this greatly on Instagram and happy to see a closer look here. Congrats on your SSS spotlight. Hugs, Autumn

    SvaraRadera